Promotion Assistant (Part-time)
WIQI, FM News 101.1 is looking for energetic people to be a part of our team. The position supports the Promotion Department in the development and execution of station promotional efforts, publicity, special events and projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Executes station promotions (Sales promotions, concerts, festivals, street marketing, etc.)
• Assists in planning & management of all station promotions.
• Collects, copies, organizes, and disseminates promotional materials.
• Assists in winner correspondence and mass mailings.
• Interacts with the general public & clients during events and other promotional activities.
• Serves as a liaison for the promotions department assisting the department as needed.
• Corresponds with vendors and/or venue organizations at concerts & promotional events.
• Ensures station vehicles used in promotional activities are in safe working order.
• May provide receptionist switchboard relief from time-to-time.
• Reports to Promotions Coordinator & Promotions Director
• Other job-related duties as required.
• Age – 21 years or older
• Strong marketing & promotional background
• Outgoing and upbeat personality is a MUST!
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with the public.
• Must work in a cooperative manner; interacting effectively with all station personnel, clients, outside vendors and listeners.
• Ability to work independently and operate effectively in high-pressure, time-critical situations
• Be able to work 20-30 hours/per week, including week nights and weekends
• Must possess valid Illinois Driver's License and a demonstrated good driving record for operation of station vehicles
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). College Degree Preferred.
• A previous working relationship with media contacts, public relation firms and/or special events background, a plus.
• Computer proficient and able to use standard office equipment (i.e., computer, copier and fax machine)
• Experience with video editing, web design, writing, event planning &/or social media a plus.
• Must be willing to work in a smoke-free environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work long and varied hours
What is described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Substantial physical movement is required for this position. Must be able to lift & transport various equipment, including heavy items up to 50 lbs.
• Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Should be capable of maintaining oral communications despite various noise levels.
Merlin Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: