Wardrobe basics: Go from drab to fab this year
January and February are challenging months to get dressed — fall is long gone and spring is not quite here. This, combined with a possible vacation to somewhere warm and tropical, means your wardrobe is doing some serious multi-tasking. With the help of these five fantastic wardrobe basics, looking great will be effortless:
1. HAVE A BLAZER ON HAND — A blazer is an easy way to dress up an outfit: Mix it with jeans, khakis, pants or even a pencil skirt to go from casual to dressy. Blazers in black, gold or white mixed with floral print dresses are a big trend for spring, so a well-fit blazer will be an essential piece throughout the year.
2. DARK WASH JEANS WITH MINIMAL DECORATION — These have become a great item that takes you from work to play or from day to night. It’s best to choose a fabric weight that works year-round. Denim is a consistent fashion staple, so more than one pair never hurts.
3. THE CRISP WHITE WOVEN SHIRT — This is the wardrobe staple that’s a go-to when you simply do not know what to wear. Take your cue from Jackie Kennedy, who showed up year-round in a crisp white button-down shirt, keeping it simple but always classic.
4. THE LBD (LITTLE BLACK DRESS) – This type of dress works every season and any time of the year; it’s all in how you accessorize it. Most style experts will tell you “Don’t leave home without your favorite statement piece of jewelry and your Little Black Dress.” If you are not sure what to wear in a more formal situation, always reach for your LBD.
5. CAMISOLES AND TANK TOPS – This year, select stylish, well-fitted camisoles and tanks in colors that flatter your skin tone. These must look good when worn under sweaters and jackets or just by themselves; this way, they are extremely versatile and work in any season.
Make these five essentials the cornerstone of your wardrobe and you’ll be surprised how they will make you look and feel good as you transition through the seasons this year. Happy 2012!
Jockey Person to Person® is one of North America’s premier direct sales companies offering extraordinary women’s apparel and accessories, created for today’s on-the-go woman. Visit http://www.JockeyP2P.com to find out more. Also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
© 2012, Jockey Person to Person
Distributed by MCT Information Services